- 100% online, no campus visits required
- Complete your degree in as few as 24 months
- Learn the skills and knowledge necessary to sit for the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam
- Evaluate healthcare systems to enhance ethical, efficient, and financially sound operations
Online Masters in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management
The George Washington University's (GW) online Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management prepares healthcare professionals to take the next step in their healthcare leadership career through learning the skills of day-to-day operations in today's complex, health-service delivery.
With this flexible online program, with low faculty/student ratios, you'll learn what it takes to lead a healthcare delivery system that is clinically effective, cost-efficient, and improves overall patient care and safety. With a focus on population healthcare, you'll learn ways to improve your own communication skills for optimal interprofessional practice, lead efforts in quality improvement, and understand the technological tools needed to conduct effective data analyses for strategic development.
When you complete the Masters in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management program, you'll be able to pursue a clinical operations career in a variety of healthcare and related health organizations.
You'll also learn the skills and knowledge necessary to sit for the Project Management Professional Exam.
The online Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management masters degree program leverages distinguished faculty, innovative curriculum, and real-world experience. You'll gain the comprehensive skills you need to succeed in the field of clinical operations, so when you graduate, you'll be able to:
- Communicate effectively across a variety of platforms to optimize interprofessional practice and operations
- Evaluate healthcare systems to enhance ethical, efficient, and financially sound operations
- Conduct effective data analyses for operational and strategic development in the healthcare setting continuum
- Lead efforts to continuously improve the quality and value across healthcare operations
- Improve organizational performance in healthcare organizations by successfully implementing change management
- Apply the knowledge and skill necessary to sit for the Project Management Professional exam
Who Is the Ideal Student for This Program?
The online MSHS in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management program is ideal for healthcare professionals looking to take the next step in their healthcare leadership career through learning the skills of day-to-day operations in today's complex, health-service delivery.
The MSHS in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management focuses on the skills necessary to manage and lead across the dynamic continuum of health service delivery. With the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projecting 20% growth for medical and healthcare management, GWs Clinical Operations and Healthcare Masters program prepares graduates to meet the need for diverse healthcare careers including:
- Clinical Laboratory Operations Supervisor
- Clinical Manager/Supervisor
- Clinical Programs Lead
- Director of Clinical Operations
- Vice President of Operations
Discover Your Future in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management
To learn more about the Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management masters online program, contact an Admissions Advisor today at (844) 386-7323.
To be accepted to this program, you must have:
A bachelor's degree
Bachelors Degree from a Regionally Accredited Institution
3.0 GPA or above on a 4.0 scale
Previous work experience
Healthcare Experience Preferred
A written personal statement
Statement of Purpose (Applicants must include a 250-500 word essay describing your reasons for undertaking study at GW, your academic objectives, career goals and related qualifications, including collegiate, professional, and community activities, relevant to your program of interest. Include any substantial accomplishments not already mentioned on the application form.)
Official transcripts from all previous schools
Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $80 is required. The application fee is waived for active-duty U.S. military, current GW students, degree-holding GW alumni, current McNair Program Scholars.
2 Letters of Recommendation
Official transcripts from every college and university attended
International Students: Applicants who are not U.S. citizens are also required to submit official test scores for Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Pearson’s Test of English (PTE) Academics or the academic International English Language Test System (IELTS). The following are the minimum scores for admission consideration: TOEFL: 250 computer-based or 100 Internet-based GW's school code for the TOEFL is 5246. PTE: overall score of 86 IELTS: overall band score of 7.0, with no individual band score below 6.0 International applicants may be considered for admission without submitting the above scores if: You are a citizen of a country where English is the official language, You hold a bachelor’s degree from a country where English is the official language and language of instruction, You hold a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. regional accrediting agency.
- Application Deadline
- Start Date
- December 10
- January 7
The online MSHS in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management consists of 36 credit hours and can be completed in 2 years.
Three credit hours of Elective Courses are selected in consultation with the program director, from existing online graduate courses in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Health Sciences.
Gain an understanding of human resource capital and development while applying concepts to improve organizational operations. Gain an understanding of the unique skills necessary from healthcare professionals and how they work together to maximize quality and value in the healthcare enterprise.
Gain an understanding of operational leadership in a constantly changing system. Understand the theoretical and practical applications to change management.
The course introduces students to the power of effective communication in the healthcare environment. Students will evaluate their personal communication styles and discuss the impact of effective communication.
The course introduces students to key concepts of public health including a history as it relates to healthcare in the US, public health as a health system, regulations and laws, the public health workforce infrastructure and interventions.
Applied health economics, finance and policy for high quality value based healthcare operations. Students will examine costs, expenditure and reimbursement of services as well as tools necessary for strategic financial planning.
This course focuses on the clinical informatics-system life cycle through a survey of the clinical informatics landscape and its affiliated data, governance, and interoperability structures.
The course introduces students to management in the healthcare industry. In this course students will survey the systems and functions required to plan, produce, and deliver high quality, patient centered health care services.
Students are either mentored through an initiative they are working on in their work environment or they are provided with a project from our community partners. They complete a comprehensive healthcare operations proposal, present to a group of professionals and can use the project as part of their portfolio moving forward in their career. May be repeated for credit.
This course builds upon prior coursework to apply clinical operations and health care management practices. Students analyze and discuss real-life operational case studies from a diverse array of healthcare organizations.
Gain an in depth understanding of leadership theory and styles through case studies and application of best practices to case studies. Guest lecturers who have leadership positions in large health organizations will contribute to the class content.
Understand the dynamic field of healthcare as well as the continuum of care, Students will be introduced to key stakeholders and systems theory to better understand this complex enterprise.
Chosen with Academic Advisor.
Note: Tuition rates are subject to change and additional fees may vary by program. Please call at (844) 386-7323 for more information.
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $925
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $2,775
What's it like to earn this degree online?
- Study on your schedule
- The flexible anytime, anywhere approach to online learning at GW means that you can study and work on assignments when and where it’s convenient for you. Balance your personal and professional commitments. At GW online, you can advance your career without stopping it.
- Personalized learning
- Many of our online programs have a student-instructor ratio that’s lower than on-campus classes, making it easier to interact with fellow students and get personalized attention from your instructors. Plus, you have access to one-on-one tutoring to help ensure your success.
- The prestige of a GW degree
- Now you can earn a GW degree without relocating your life, giving you access to the distinguished connections and opportunities we provide. When you earn a degree from an online program at GW, you earn a degree from the George Washington University. Entrusted with its rights, privileges, and honors, you’ll join the ever-expanding GW alumni community who make the world a better place.
- Connect to campus from anywhere
- GW is your link to leading authorities in policy and health care in Washington, D.C. You’ll be able to research, collaborate, and discuss with classmates and instructors using online learning management systems. Engage with all the resources GW offers, including tutors, the writing center, career services, and libraries—all online.
- A dedicated advisor from day one
- Each GW online student is assigned an academic advisor who will support your journey to graduation. You’ll get help finding resources, guidance on scheduling classes, answers to your questions, and more. As an online learner at GW, you’re never alone.
- Round-the-clock tech support
- A late-night software malfunction won’t keep you from getting your assignment in on time. GW provides 24/7 technical support for our online students, ensuring you have complete access to what you need, when you need it.