- 100% online, no visits to campus required
- The program requires 18 total credits and can be finished in 18 months
- All credits can be transferred into the MSHS in Clinical Research Administration program
Online Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research Administration
The George Washington University's (GW) online Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research Administration will prepare you to be strategic leaders who drive success for their health care and research organizations. The 18-credit hour graduate certificate will strengthen your career prospects while developing management skills for clinical research administration.
Graduates of the online certificate program have the opportunity to transfer all 18 credits to GW's online Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) in Clinical Research Administration program.
Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research Administration program, you'll be able to:
- Demonstrate a solid grasp of the clinical, regulatory and business requirements in the planning and conduct of a clinical trial.
- Integrate research design principles with scientific, medical, regulatory and commercial requirements by creating clinical development plan sections to provide adequate benefit to risk assessments in the development of a new investigational product.
- Evaluate the importance of assuring data integrity in a clinical trial and in the preparation of various clinical/regulatory documents through professional assignments such as quality checking a clinical study report.
- Formulate strategies to address ethical and cultural considerations for effective and compliant domestic or international clinical trial conduct, in relation to key areas such as human subjects protection, subject recruitment/retention, data integrity and risk assessment.
Who Is the Ideal Student for This Program?
The online Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research Administration program is ideal for working clinical research professionals, or those in a related field, who wish to increase their knowledge of drug development, clinical trial conduct, monitoring, and the business, ethical and legal perspectives of the clinical research industry.
Designed to answer the growing need for clinical research jobs, the online Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research Administrations real-world approach and focus on strategic leadership makes graduates stand out to prospective employers, and prepares them for some of the highest level (and highest paying) positions within a clinical research organization.
Clinical research director positions have an annual earning potential of $234,002, and clinical data manager positions have the annual earning potential of $120,856. These are just a few of the high-paying and in-demand careers in clinical research that you can pursue with a masters in Clinical Research Administration.
Graduates are prepared to lead health care organizations in the following roles:
- Clinical Operations Manager/Director
- Clinical Project Manager/Director
- Clinical Research Manager/Director
- Clinical Study Manager/Director
- Clinical Trial Manager/Director
- Drug Safety Manager/Director
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) Member
Discover Excellence in Clinical Research Leadership
To learn more about the Clinical Research Certificate online, contact an Admissions Advisor today at (844) 386-7323.
To be accepted to this program, you must have:
A bachelor's degree
Bachelors Degree from a Regionally Accredited Institution
3.0 GPA or above on a 4.0 scale
Previous work experience
Healthcare Experience Preferred
A written personal statement
Statement of Purpose (Applicants must include a 250-500 word essay describing your reasons for undertaking study at GW, your academic objectives, career goals and related qualifications, including collegiate, professional, and community activities, relevant to your program of interest. Include any substantial accomplishments not already mentioned on the application form.)
Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $80 is required. The application fee is waived for active-duty U.S. military, current GW students, degree-holding GW alumni, current McNair Program Scholars.
2 Letters of Recommendation
Official transcripts from every college and university attended
International Students: Applicants who are not U.S. citizens are also required to submit official test scores for Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Pearson’s Test of English (PTE) Academics or the academic International English Language Test System (IELTS). The following are the minimum scores for admission consideration: TOEFL: 250 computer-based or 100 Internet-based GW's school code for the TOEFL is 5246. PTE: overall score of 86 IELTS: overall band score of 7.0, with no individual band score below 6.0 International applicants may be considered for admission without submitting the above scores if: You are a citizen of a country where English is the official language, You hold a bachelor’s degree from a country where English is the official language and language of instruction, You hold a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. regional accrediting agency.
Students in the online Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research Administration (CRA) program must successfully complete 15 credit hours in CRA, and a 3 credit hour elective.
All courses in the clinical research certificate program are transferable to the MSHS, so students can seamlessly matriculate into the Masters in Clinical Research.
Students develop the academic skill sets necessary to succeed in this program in the context of exploring scientific, clinical and regulatory concepts required in medicines development. Students demonstrate their critical analysis skills through literature research, analysis of information from various perspectives, and formulating their own opinions in choosing their ‘defendable positions’, rather than stating the “correct answers”.
This course examines the nonclinical, clinical, commercial, regulatory and risk assessment strategies required to develop a clinical development plan for an approvable, marketable new therapeutic and propose life cycle management strategies.
This course explores regulatory, policy, ethical and practical considerations associated with the engagement, recruitment, retention and interaction with human research subjects.
The Clinical Research Industry integrates project management principles, decision-making models, cross cultural competency, and interdisciplinary team dynamics to facilitate effective and efficient conduct of clinical trials.
This course explores how to manage risk and safety assessments to ensure quality in clinical research.
Note: Tuition rates are subject to change and additional fees may vary by program. Please call at (844) 386-7323 for more information.
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $980
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $2,940
What's it like to earn this degree online?
- Study on your schedule
- The flexible anytime, anywhere approach to online learning at GW means that you can study and work on assignments when and where it’s convenient for you. Balance your personal and professional commitments. At GW online, you can advance your career without stopping it.
- Personalized learning
- Many of our online programs have a student-instructor ratio that’s lower than on-campus classes, making it easier to interact with fellow students and get personalized attention from your instructors. Plus, you have access to one-on-one tutoring to help ensure your success.
- The prestige of a GW degree
- Now you can earn a GW degree without relocating your life, giving you access to the distinguished connections and opportunities we provide. When you earn a degree from an online program at GW, you earn a degree from the George Washington University. Entrusted with its rights, privileges, and honors, you’ll join the ever-expanding GW alumni community who make the world a better place.
- Connect to campus from anywhere
- GW is your link to leading authorities in policy and health care in Washington, D.C. You’ll be able to research, collaborate, and discuss with classmates and instructors using online learning management systems. Engage with all the resources GW offers, including tutors, the writing center, career services, and libraries—all online.
- A dedicated advisor from day one
- Each GW online student is assigned an academic advisor who will support your journey to graduation. You’ll get help finding resources, guidance on scheduling classes, answers to your questions, and more. As an online learner at GW, you’re never alone.
- Round-the-clock tech support
- A late-night software malfunction won’t keep you from getting your assignment in on time. GW provides 24/7 technical support for our online students, ensuring you have complete access to what you need, when you need it.