Technical Requirements for Health Sciences Programs Online Courses
For Health Sciences Programs online courses, you will need to meet specific technical requirements to be able to access course materials and participate in the courses. If you have questions about these requirements or need additional assistance, please contact us using our Request More Information form, or email email@example.com.
You will need to have access to the following software/hardware:
- Computer (with at least 8 GB RAM)
- Camera (computer integrated or USB external)
- Internet Wifi Connection (cellular connections are NOT sufficient to
meet this requirement)
- Bandwidth: minimum 1.5 Mbps download speed, 750 kbps upload
Please Note: Chromebooks, Tablets (including iPads), and computers running in Windows S or SE mode are incompatible for use in our online courses. Technical requirements for the individual courses may vary.
To participate in our online courses, you are required to:
- Use a keyboard and mouse
- Save, open, and edit various file types
- Open, send, reply, attach and open attachments to email messages
- Upload and download files from and to your computer and the Internet
- Navigate the Internet
- Utilize various technologies depending on the course
- Create online accounts (if needed)
- Download and utilize software applications and/or plug-ins as specified by your instructor
A high-speed internet connection with consistent download speeds of 1.5 mbps or higher and upload speeds of 750 kbps is recommended for some courses but may be required in others. This ensures that the student can access all course materials and use any course-required software applications. The use of technologies used in individual courses may vary.