Graduate Certificate in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management
Discover Your Future in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Leadership
The George Washington University’s (GW) online Graduate Certificate in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management program prepares you for a variety of health care leadership positions. You’ll gain the skills required for hospital management, plus the expertise to effectively lead clinical operations and strategic development initiatives throughout the health care field.
In GW’s flexible graduate certificate program, you will explore health care leadership as you study ways to improve your own communication skills for optimal interprofessional practice. You’ll also learn to lead efforts in quality improvement and utilize the technological tools needed to conduct effective data analyses for strategic development within the health care field.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Accreditation and Rankings
- Fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- #62 Best National University*
- #15 Best Online Bachelor’s Programs*
- #8 Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans*
* The U.S. News & World Report – 2023 Rankings
- 100% online, no visits to campus required
- The program requires 18 total credits and can be finished in 1 year
- Additionally, all credits can be transferred into the MSHS in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management program
The George Washington University’s (GW) online Graduate Certificate in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management prepares you for a variety of health care leadership roles that require you to effectively lead clinical operations and strategic development initiatives throughout the health care field across the continuum of care.
In GW’s flexible online graduate certificate program, you’ll explore health care leadership as you study ways to improve your own communication skills for optimal interprofessional practice. Additionally, you’ll also learn to lead efforts in quality improvement, and utilize the technological tools needed to conduct effective data analyses for strategic development within the dynamic health care field.
When you complete the graduate certificate program in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management online, you’ll be prepared for hospital management roles along with a variety of clinical operations careers throughout the health care field.
All 18 credit hours are transferable to the MSHS program for seamless enrollment in the Masters in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management.View Courses
The Graduate Certificate in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management online program leverages distinguished faculty, innovative curriculum, and real-world experience. You will gain the comprehensive skills needed to succeed in the health care field, so when you graduate, you will be able to:
- Communicate effectively across a variety of platforms to optimize interprofessional practice and operations
- Evaluate health care leadership and systems to enhance ethical, efficient, and financially sound operations
- Conduct effective data analyses for operational and strategic development in the health care field
- Lead efforts to continuously improve the quality and value across health care operations
- Improve organizational performance by successfully implementing change management
- Apply effective leadership skills in hospital management positions
- Align your practice with American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) standards
Who Is the Ideal Student for This Program?
The online Graduate Certificate in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management program is ideal for professionals within the health care field who are looking to advance their health care leadership skills and to improve operations management within the field.
The Graduate Certificate in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management program provides current students and graduates the opportunity to gain significant health care leadership skills and foundational learning knowledge that is needed to achieve certification and or fellowship status for many health care management professional associations such as ACHE, HFMA, HIMSS MGMA, ACMPE, NAHQ, Six Sigma, and Lean, Project Management, to name a few.
Below is a list of the health care professional associations that students and graduates can consider joining to advance their learning and professional potential within the health care field:
- ACHE American College of Healthcare Executives (www.ache.org)
- HFMA The Healthcare Financial Management Association (www.HFMA.org)
- HIMSS Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (www.himss.org)
- MGMA Medical Group Management Association (www.mgma.com)
- NAHQ National Association for Healthcare Quality (www.nahq.org)
- AAHAM The American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (www.aaham.org)
- AHIMA American Health Information Management Association
- APHA American Public Health Association (www.apha.org)
- ANA American Nursing Association (www.nursingworld.org)
- AMA American Medical Association (www.ama.org)
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 32% growth for medical and health care leadership positions through 2030.1 GW’s Graduate Certificate in Clinical Operations and Healthcare program prepares graduates to meet the need for diverse health care careers including:
- Clinical Operations Associate
- Clinical Consultant
- Clinical Quality Specialist
- Operations Manager/Specialist
To apply for the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management, you’ll need:
- Completed application
- 3.0 GPA or above on a 4.0 scale
- Bachelor’s degree
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
The Graduate Certificate in Clinical Operations and Healthcare Management program at GW consists of 18 credit hours. Please find the cost per credit hour and total estimated program costs here.
Note: Tuition rates are subject to change and additional fees may vary by program. Please call at (844) 386-7323 for more information.Get Tuition Details
Meet the Program Director
Mountasser Kadrie, PhD, MHA, FACHE, FACMPE, CPHIMS, BPE, CAF
Dr. Mountasser Kadrie has over 30 years of health care executive management experience gained from holding executive leadership appointments at world-renowned health systems and leading academic medical centers. Dr. Kadrie’s executive expertise has been focused on the development and implementation of strategies to maximize organizational performance and to promote transformational change.
In addition to his extensive background in business and health care administration, Dr. Kadrie is a leader in the higher education industry, scholar, and a subject matter expert. His professional and research interests are focused in the areas of U.S. and global health systems, health informatics, change management, and leadership, strategy, operations management, high-reliability organizations, and higher education transformation.
Dr. Kadrie is a widely published author. His research has appeared in many prestigious academic journals and he’s presented at national and international meetings on topics related to his work in the health care and higher education fields.
Dr. Kadrie serves as a board member at prestigious health care and higher education institutions. He is a subject matter expert and has also consulted extensively with universities and national and international health care organizations in the areas of strategy, program development, and change management.
Dr. Kadrie is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) and a Fellow of the American College of Medical Practice Executives (FACMPE). He is a Board Certified Examiner with the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) – The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Performance Program, and is a Certified Professional in Health Information Management Systems (CPHIMS).
Frequently Asked Questions
As you explore an online program at the George Washington University, our dedicated staff is here to support you. If you have a question we don’t cover here, request more information or call 844-386-7323.Visit our FAQ page
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2021 September 8). Medical and Health Services Managers. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved February 15, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm.