Information for International Students
All international applicants must submit transcripts from every college or university previously attended, whether a degree was earned or not. All non-U.S. transcripts (including those in English) must be evaluated, course-by-course, by an international education evaluation service. The National Association of Credential Evaluation (NACES) or by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO). Once the transcripts are evaluated, international students can then submit their transcripts to this address below:
Transcript Processing Center
c/o The George Washington University
851 Trafalgar Court
Suite 420 West
Maitland, FL 32751
Applicants who are not U.S. citizens are also required to submit official test scores for Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Pearson’s Test of English (PTE) Academics or the academic International English Language Test System (IELTS). The following are the minimum scores for admission consideration:
• TOEFL: 250 computer-based or 100 Internet-based
• TOEFL scores to institution code 5246
• PTE: overall score of 86
• IELTS: overall band score of 7.0, with no individual band score below 6.0
International applicants may be considered for admission without submitting the above scores if any of these criteria are met:
• You are a citizen of a country where English is the official language
• You hold a bachelor’s degree from a country where English is the official language and language of instruction
• You hold a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. regional accrediting agency
• Please find the complete list of exemptions here
Take the First Step
Getting started on your journey with the George Washington University is as easy as creating an account for the online student portal.
Applications are reviewed throughout the year ahead of each semester. Get started today to be eligible for the next upcoming round.
For questions about the admissions process or anything else, contact us at 844-386-7323 or request more information.
We’re here to help you every step of the way. Get started today!